Sole Sisters

Sole Sisters

Monday, September 30, 2013

29 week update!

10 weeks, 6 days till my due date. And yes, I'm counting. It's not that I'm having any issues with this whole baby-making process, because I'm not.  I literally have nothing to complain about! No sickness, no back pain, no swelling, I'm sleeping fine, I'm still exercising, things are progressing at a very normal, healthy way (says my doc), and we are getting more excited about the new arrival. But I gotta tell you, I MISS fitting in my clothes, running long runs, drinking a glass of wine WITH tuna sushi, keeping up with my workout partners, and getting out of bed (or rolling over) without groaning. So... 10 weeks, 6 days and I get it all back. Okay, okay, a few more than that, but at least that's the predicted start of my return :)

I seem to get asked about exercise a LOT. Luckily, working out has been a part of my daily life for as long as I can remember so there was no question about me continuing it throughout my pregnancy. Also, as I mentioned before, I have great coaches who watch out for me and modify things as needed. What I have noticed lately are: burpees are harder when you have precious cargo in your belly, pull-ups with extra lbs are way harder, lunges create pelvic instability (TMI? Sorry!), bear crawls make me wanna lose my lunch, I'm using *what feels like* 35% of my lung capacity, and everything - and I mean everything - is harder when you're carrying around extra weight. But I'm so happy to be exercising at all, so I consider myself lucky. I can't help but think I'd be having more negative pregnancy symptoms without my rigorous exercise regiment. Oh! And in my non-running days (as of two weeks ago) I've rediscovered stadium workouts! Now if only the Florida Gators would give me my own key to use as I see fit, I'd be the happiest pregnant lady in the swamp! But if you should happen to see this bowling ball climbing the bleachers on a Sunday morning or weeknight evening, please PLEASE keep me company for a round. I'm not fast, but I'm steady, and (just ask my running friends) I can keep you entertained with conversation!

No real progress on the nursery so far, but we've kicked some ideas around. Our families were kind enough to throw us a shower last month up in NC, so we've gotten a good start on Baby Wade's collections. By the way, have you SEEN baby clothes these days? I'm pretty sure everyone should keep some onesies on hand for when you're having a bad day. One glance at a newborn pajama set or bathrobe or tinybabypantswithfootiesattached and you can't help but smile and forget what made you mad in the first place! And we don't even HAVE the actual baby in them yet! 

I have to give a huge shoutout to my husband and future baby's father, Chad. He never rolls his eyes when I need his help off the couch, or when I complain about terrible smelling garbage, or when I ask him randomly to pick up two pounds of seedless green (NOT RED, CHAD) grapes which I will seamlessly eat in one sitting. He's so sweet I can almost overlook the fact that my discomfort is completely and utterly his fault, but I cannot say I'll be able to overlook this fact come D-Day (Delivery Day, not like the end of the world...). Fingers crossed for his continued cuteness. For his sake. 

We have another ultrasound scheduled for the 36th week and we're looking forward to getting another look at our creation. Still don't know what we're having - but I think we're both leaning towards girl these days (with absolutely no scientific reasoning), though I do say "he" often in reference. We'll find out soon enough! 

I'll update again in a few weeks. Come keep me company on the stadiums if you miss me between now and then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment